Top five drugstore foundations for pale skin

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Finding a shade pale enough for my skin tone has always been a struggle. For the longest time I could  not find the right shade. Luckily the past few years the drugstore has really upped it's game for shade selection for us pale girls! I'm still waiting for the concealers to join the bandwagon, since no drugstore concealer is light enough to use as a highlight. But this post is about foundation, so enough about concealer!

Today I am sharing my top 5 drugstore foundations that are great for pale skin. Now when I say I'm pale, I mean I'm pale. Even in the summer I don't really tan. I just get a lot of freckles and get a teeny tiny bit darker. I used to have to mix in a white foundation with every foundation in order to get my custom shade. After a couple years of experimenting and trying new products, I am completely confident in these 5 foundations. They all have incredible coverage, last all day and don't make me look like a muddy oompa loompa.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation in 110 Porcelain 

Although this foundation does have a yellow undertone, it is by far the lightest shade currently available at the drugstore. Because it is so light, I find that once the foundation is applied and blended you can't even notice the yellow undertones. It has easily become my go-to foundation, and I know I will be reaching for it everyday in the winter when I am even more pale! One thing to note: the Fit Me Dewy and Smooth foundation in the lightest shade is about 3 shades darker than the Matte and Poreless for some reason. So I definitely recommend you stick to the Matte and Poreless (instead of the dewy and smooth) if you are super pale like me :)

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff

This foundation actually has one shade lighter than this one available, but since I bought it in the summer I knew I could get away with the second lightest shade. The swatch below makes it look a little orange, but it definitely does not look like that once it is applied to the face. This foundation has been a staple in my makeup collection for about 5 years now. I am constantly re-purchasing it and I absolutely love it!
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain

Most Rimmel face products are too orange and dark for my skin, but for some reason the Lasting finish 25 hour foundation along with the Match Perfection have a great shade selection for pale skin girls! I just recently picked up the Match Perfection foundation and I have absolutely fallen in love. The finish is stunning and the colour is so perfect for me! As much as I love the 25 hour version of this foundation, I think I prefer this one because it is lighter and more natural in coverage. It has just the right balance of neutral and pink undertones to match my skin perfectly, I guess that's why it's called match perfection!
L'Oreal True Match Foundation in C-1

I remember reading and watching countless reviews on this foundation. Everyone kept saying that it was the lightest foundation available at the drugstore. And although I do not agree (I still think the Maybelline Fit Me is lighter) it is still a great option! What is so great is that they offer 3 different tones: warm, neutral and cool, along with various shades in each of the mentioned categories. I actually might repurchase this foundation in the lightest neutral shade next, because I think the shade C-1 is a little too pink for my liking.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Classic Ivory

I find that this foundation is right between Rimmel Match Perfection and L'Oreal True Match with pink undertones. It's not quite as pink as the True Match, but it is slightly more cool toned than the Match Perfection. If you have dryer skin don't be turned off by the "matte" in the name. I have slightly dry/normal skin and this foundation isn't over the top matte. It isn't drying in the least! I'm really interested in trying the Pro-Glow version of this foundation, and by what I've seen both the lightest shades are the same (as opposed to the Maybelline Fit Me mentioned above).

Thank you so much for reading! If you have any suggestions for future posts, let me know in the comments below! 

What drugstore foundations are your favourite?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Simplicity File. Design by Fearne.