Top five: Maybelline

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hello everyone, and welcome to my Top Five series! I thought it would be fun to create a blog series that highlighted my top five products from various brands. Sort of like a brand round up. As I was looking through my collection, I realized that Maybelline is probably my all-time favourite drugstore brand. I was going through my Maybelline products and I unintentionally picked out items from multiple categories. Some brands that I love are more lip focused, or eye focused, but Maybelline clearly has a very well rounded line of face, eye, and lips products that all perform outstandingly! 

Fit Me Matte and Powerless Foundation

Out of all the foundations at the drugstore, this foundation is the perfect colour match for my skin. I usually need to mix my foundation with a white foundation, but this one is bang on! I was a bit worried that the matte finish would be a little drying on my skin, but it looks so flawless! I like my foundations to have a medium coverage, but that are also easily build-able. This foundation ticks all my boxes! I pretty much wore it all summer, so I know this sucker wears well when it can last during heavy humidity. 
Fit Me Concealer

This concealer is my all time favourite from the drugstore! The consistency and coverage is absolutely stunning! The formula is so light weight on the skin, and yet it is still able to cover blemishes and problem areas. It also looks beautiful under the eyes, and doesn't crease. The only downside for me is the shade range. I wish they carried one, even 2 more shades that were lighter than the fair. Since I have very fair skin, this concealer doesn't illuminate the way I would want it to. With that being said it is still a great product!

24hr Colour Tattoo by Eye Studio

For the past 4-5 years I have always had at least one these eyeshadows in my collection. I love using these shadows when I want a simple quick eye-look that involves very little blending or effort. They also work well underneath eyeshadows to give them more shimmer and dimension. I wouldn't however recommend them as an eyeshadow primer, because they do tend crease throughout the day. Just make sure you apply a primer before and it will be fine. My two favourite shades are Bad to the Bronze and Barely Branded.
Lash Sensational Mascara

I feel that Maybelline can't go wrong with their mascaras. Almost every single one I have tried from them, and believe me I've tried dozens over the years, have met my expectations. The Lash Sensational line in particular made me re-fall in love with silicone applicators. I started using them about a year ago, and talked about them so much, that my mom, sister-in-law and mother-in-law went out and bought some for themselves. And all of us still use it faithfully. This mascara separates, gives volume and lengthens every single lash. It's pretty much an all-in-one. Mascaras are my favourite makeup product so I'm kind of mascara-junkie. I have tried so many over the years, and the Lash Sensational line are definitely in my top 5 all time favourite mascaras!

Colour Blur by Lip Studio

Along with mascara, Maybelline also do lip products really well. I went back and forth about which specific lip product I wanted to include in my top five. But after thinking it over I decided to go with they Colour Blur line. The formula of these lip crayons are to die for!! They apply like butter and don't dry out your lips throughout the day. I just wish they had a better colour selection. They have great fun, bright colours as well as some nice dark, rich colours. I just wish they had a few neutral and nude shades for a more natural everyday look.
Well that rounds up my top five products from Maybelline. Let me know if there is a specific brand you would like to focus on next! Thank you so much reading!

What are your favourite products from Maybelline?
SaveSaveSave
SaveSave

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Simplicity File. Design by Fearne.